Sunday, June 9, 2013

May Favorites.

I know I'm a little late this time with my monthly favorites, but better late than never right?
Some of these products were the ones that I wore all the time while I was in London, and some I started using them for the first time when I came back and I'm very impressed with them!


Garnier Moisture Match moisturizer for dry to normal skin
In May I received from Garnier their new Moisture Match moisturizers to try them out. When I came back from my trip I run out of my beloved mositurizer, the Body Shop's Seaweed Day Cream and since I had all 4 of these new Moisture Match moisturizers, I decided to try one of these out instead of repurchasing a new one from the Body Shop. My skin was acting very strange these days, it's still oily but my cheeks and chin are dry so I decided to try the one that is for normal skins, and I loved it! I don't usually mention skincare products in my monthly favorites that I've tried less than a month but this one made a huge difference on my skin so I had to mention it. It hasn't broke me out, it makes my skin very moisturized and my cheeks look plumpy. Yes it can be heavy, because I have oily skin, I like to use it mostly at nighttime and not under my foundation. I'm pretty sure I'm going to use this moisturizer a lot when the weather gets colder, and I'm definitely going to try the one for oily skins really soon.


Clinique Blended Face Powder in 03 Transparency
For some weird reason I've never mentioned this powder before but it's been my HG for over 7 years, this jar is actually the second one I've bought and let me tell you, finishing a jar of this powder is an accomplishment, since it's 35 grams! In the winter I do not always use a loose powder after my foundation to set it, because the foundation by itself it's quite matte, I only use a blotting powder for touch ups. But when the weather gets hotter I like to use a setting powder after, and this one is one of the best! It never looks cakey and it's very lightweight, it's not 100% trasparent but you can barely see any color on the skin.


Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NW25
I've used this concealer a lot this month, because it's very practical and easy to use, I don't need a brush to apply it, just my fingers. Also from all the concealers I own right now, besides my Seventeen Ideal Cover, it's the only one that doesn't make me look like a dead person. All the others are very light and they don't look good with my skintone now that is summer. Also it has SPF 25 which is always a plus!

Mac Brule Eyeshadow
I've mentioned before that my HG browbone eyeshadow is Heaven by Too Faced but I got Brule in a pot because it's very practical when I have to travel,  and using only this one for a whole month I noticed how much more natural it looks than Heaven. Yes Heaven brightens up the browbone more but Brule melts with my natural skintone and it looks way more natural. I definitel prefer this one for the summer, because it doesn't look so white.


Sephora Waterproof Jumbo Liner in 06 Copper
Being so lazy with my eye make up these days, I was only using this jumbo liner all over my main lids with Brule on my browbone and just mascara, and that was it, the perfect lazy summer eye look! If you haven't try these Jumbo Liners I suggest you to do it, they have an amazing staying power, I don't have to use an eye primer underneath these babies and they stay on for hours!


 Dior Addict Lipstick in 433 Delice
I got this lipstick a few days before I left for London and I didn't have the chance to show it to you guys in a haul post. Dior released a Dior Addict collection in April with the same shades of lipsticks, lipglosses and nail varnishes, Delice was the one that really caught my eye. At first when I went to buy it they were out of stock, the second time I was finally lucky enough to grab one! I love Dior Addict's formula, they're super soft and buttery without being over glossy, in my opinion they are way better than the Revlon Lip Butters. Delice is a peachy coral shade, more on the peachy-orangey side, it's the perfect summer color. If you can still find it and you love these kind of colors, you have to get it! Here's a swatch for you:



Korres LipButter Gloss in Peach
One more lip product that I bought in May but I didn't show it to you in a haul post is one of the new Korres LipButter Glosses, and of course I had to get it in Peach. These butter-glosses have a different texture than the original Korres lip butters, the original ones are waxier. thicker and stay on the lips longer, the gloss ones are more like plain lip glosses, with a watery texture that you have to re-apply more often. I was using Peach quite often in May as a lip gloss because it's very practical. The shade is identical to Mango from the original lip butters, very pigmented and more on the orange side, it's up to you if you prefer it to be more waxy or glossy. Here's a swatch:



Maybelline Express Remover
For some reason I wasn't into this type of nail varnish remover, I know Bourjois and Sephora have similar ones but I found it kind of weird. In a Maybelline event that I attended back in April they gave us this new Express Remover to try it out, this was the first time I've tried something like this and it completely changed my mind, I absolutely adore it! It makes the whole nail varnish removing process so easy and quick, that made me addicted to it.



Non Beauty Favorites


Even though this is my only non beauty related favorite I really had to mention it! Daft Punk's new album "Random Access Memories" finally released in May, and as a Daft Punk fan since the 90's and after waiting for 8 whole years to release a new album, this was something I was really looking forward to happen! It may not be their best album, definitely not better than Discovery which in my opinion is their best one so far, but Random Access Memories has a totally different sound which I quite like. All the songs are influenced by the 70s Disco era, the ones that I love the most are of course "Get Lucky", also "Lose Yourself To Dance" and "Beyond".



So these were my favorites for the month of May. Let me know what were your favorites, and if you've tried any of the products I mentioned. I really want to know!





11 comments:

  1. I need to download this album! The Maybelline remover is something I want to try x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice favorites!I really liked the dior's lipstick!lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely favourites, I definitely want to try the Garnier cream, as well as the Maybelline nail polish remover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your post! I want to try the maybelline remover too!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your faves, especially the Dior lipstick! I've got a cheap version of the nail polish remover from Jumbo and I love it!
    Check my May favorites, in my recently started blog and join me, if you like!
    http://motherofpearlreflections.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Δεν έχει πέσει ποτέ το μάτι μου στη συγκεκριμένη πουδρίτσα (35gr δε τη λες πουδρίτσα βέβαια!) αλλά θα την έχω στα υπόψιν μου! Θα δοκιμάσω σίγουρα κάποιο από τα Sephora Waterproof Jumbo Liners! Το copper πάντως φαίνεται πανέμορφο και πολύ εύκολη απόχρωση ειδικά για καλοκαίρι αλλά νομίζω πως μοιάζει με την on and on bronze από Maybelline που χρησιμοποιώ σχεδόν καθημερινά, οπότε μάλλον θα διαλέξω κάποια άλλη απόχρωση!! Σε φιλώωω

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To On and On Bronze ειναι πιο taupe, το Copper ειναι πιο θερμο μπρονζε χρωμα με λιγο χρυσο μεσα.

      Delete
  7. Tελεια τα αγαπημενα σου!!Αυτο το Maybelline Express Remover πρεπει να το δοκιμασω και γρηγορα!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Korres LipButter Gloss is so pigmented! I have to try it... I like the Maybelline Express Remover too, it's fast and smells really nice

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaa ki egw exw argisei polu!!tha kanw ena megalooo post mazi me tou iouniou!!!:D
    auto to korres prepei opwsdipote na to dokimasw..opws episis to moluvi apo sephora!tha me volepsei polu nomizw! :D :D

    ReplyDelete