Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 12 for 2012

I was planning to do a 2012 favorites at the end of this month, showing you all my beauty favorites, make up, bodycare and haircare for this year, but I was tagged by the lovely Irene from Blushing Loves to do a top 12 for 2012 post, and I decided to this one instead. It was a challenge to find only 12 favorite products to show you but I think I did it pretty well!
 Some of the products I include are old faves of mine that I kept using the whole year because I love them so much, and some are new discoveries within the 2012. So let's start!


Clinique Even Better Foundation
I was a little bit torned on which of the two foundations I love the most to choose as my top one for this year, Mac's Pro Longwear or this one, but I think this one is the one i loved the most this year, Pro Longwear it's an older love of mine anyway. I used to have Even Better foundation in my possesion for a few years but I refused to use it, I thought it was terrible, and around March I discovered how wrong I was! It's an amazing foundation if you apply it with the right brush, I prefer flat top kabuki brushes, they give a flawless look on my face.

Seventeen Ideal Cover Concealer
If you follow my blog for quite some time now, you'll propably know how much I love this concealer. It's my most used concealer of the 2012 for sure. It's not very expensive, it covers quite well, not only under eye circles but also blemishes, and it brightens my under eye area.



Benefit Hello Flawless Custom powder Cover-Up
This is propably one of my biggest discoveries within 2012. A powder foundation that provides amazing coverage that doesn't look powdery or cakey. It's like you apply a liquid foundation on your face only that it's not liquid, the best brush to apply it is with a flat top kabuki one that it's not super dense, the ELF one is the best one I've found so far! I've used it the whole summer, about 4 months straight, without using a liquid foundation at that period, I even hit a pan on it and bought a new one, I think that one says a lot!

Mac Fleury Blush
This is for sure my most used blush of the year, and I bought it many years ago with a Mac's limited edition collection. It's very smooth and blendable, and the peachy pink shade suits almost every single one of the looks I go for. I'm a sucker when it comes to Mac blushes, I've tried lots of them, but this one is propably my HG one!



Mac Nubile Paint Pot
Yeah I know a neutral beige colored paint pot, soooo boring! But for me it's the best neutral beige cream eyeshadow I've tried so far, it suits really good with my natural lid color which is brown, and most of the colored eye bases I've tried made my lids look weird! I also noticed that the texture is way creamier than Soft Ochre which I hated! I only wish Mac would make this permanent!

L'oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24H Mascara
This year I've tried lots of good mascaras, L'oreal Lash Architect 4D, Maybelline Mega Plush, but this Mega Volume Collagene 24H from L'oreal was my HG! It makes my lashes look fuller and longer, seperates them amazingly well, it doesn't smudge on my lower lashlines and the best part is that it's soft, doesn't make my lashes hard, and I hate when a mascara makes my lashes hard, that really hurts my eyes!



Too Faced Natural Eye Palette
Best neutral eye shadow palette out there, hands down! I have it for 2 years now and I always reach for it. One of the best quality eyeshadows I've ever used, way better than Mac, even the matte ones!
The shades I use the most are: Heaven as my browbone shade all the time, Silk Heavy on the inner part of my lids for brightening my eyes, Push Up is my HG shade from the palette, it's a medium bronze shade perfect for all over the lids, Cocoa Puff a deep shimmery chocolate brown for the outer half and lastly Sexspresso a dark matte brown shade that I use all the time as a liner.



Urban Decay Naked Eye Shadow Palette

Yes another eye shadow palette, just because I love neutral eyeshadows so much that I couldn't choose between the Too Faced's Natural and this one, I decided to include them both in my top 12 of the year!
I have it since May but still I haven't use all of the shades, I mainly stick to the ones I'm most comfortable with. The ones that I really love are Naked, Buck and Smog, but I also like Darkhorse, Toasted and Sin. I think that the eyeshadows have amazing quality, and if I ever run out Naked, Buck and Smog I'll definetely purchase the full size ones! That's the best part about Urban Decay Naked, all the eyeshadows in the palette come in full sizes too.



Mac Way To Love Lipstick
That's the lipstick I rediscovered in my make up stash this fall. I have it for a few years but I just started using it more and more, and I absolutely love it! It's a medium pink with neutral undertones, it's neither cool or warm toned, it's something in between. It's one of the good Lustres Mac has released, and I say that because there are some Lustres that were horrible, but this one is very smooth and glossy! Too bad it was limited edition. 

  Dior Addict Lipstick 343 Miss Dior
This was my HG lipstick at the warmer months, it's a super glossy peachy shade with golden shimmers. Dior Addicts in my opinion are one of the best high end lipsticks in the market, along with YSL Pur Couture. They feel something between a gloss and a lipstick on the lips, but also very moisturizing like lip balms. There are many dupes outthere like Revlon Lip Butters but they can't beat the Dior Addicts, the texture and color variety is way better. I promise to myself that within 2013 I'll try more of these!



La Roche Posay Cicaplast
I found one for my HG skincare products this year and that is La Roche Posay's Cicaplast. That cream really saved my skin when I had itchyness from allergies or when it was really dry from the weather.
It has that silicone texture, very lightweight, it can also be worn under foundation, mostly on the problematic and peeling areas. It's also very good if your skin around your nose is peeling after you had a cold, and helps with chapped lips.

  Sunslik Perfect Straight by Yuko Leave In Cream
Also a great discovery for this year, this time for my hair, Sunsilk's straightening leave in cream.
I used to love John Frieda's Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum for almost two years, but it's very expensive and the quantity is very small, so I gave this Sunsilk leave in cream a chance and I realised that it was giving me the same exact results with John Frieda's serum, maybe even better. Also on my hair I prefer the cream texture over the silicone one that serums have. Plus it's super cheap, only 2.5 euros, you cannot beat that price!





I hope you liked my top 12 products for the 2012. If you have try any of these let me know what are your opinions on them! And for anyone who hasn't done this tag yet, I tag everyone! I wanna know what are your top 12 beauty products for this year, let me know!
I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Sophia
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. lovely faves hun! it seems like you showed mac some real love this year ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww hahaha like I do every year!! Thanks so much Sophia!!

      Delete
  2. Loved your favs honey! So glad you did the tag! I badly want Urban Decay palette!!

    Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yes, I was just waiting till the last day of the year to post it LOL! The Naked 1 palette is amazing, maybe not better than the Too Faced one, but it's unique enough to own both!

      Delete
  3. Loved this post! Totally agree with everything you said about the Naked palette, and I'm really liking the look of that MAC blush!

    Happy new year! xo
    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. like like.....!!! I LOVE TOO FACED PALETE!!! I WANT THIS LIKE A CRAZY! XIXIXI
    http://beauty-inpink.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Καλή χρονιά!! Ευτυχισμένο το 2013!! Μακάρι να χαρίσει σε όλους μας υγεία χαρά τύχη και αγάπη!! Υπέροχα όλα τα παραπάνω!! Το consealer το έχω και εγώ και με έχει βολέψει αρκετά!! Φιλάκια!! :)
    thebeautyfairyblog.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σ'ευχαριστω πολυ, σου ευχομαι να εχεις μια τελεια χρονια!!

      Delete
  6. Καλή Χρονιααα!!! Σου εύχομαι ο,τι καλύτερο να σου φέρει το 2013!!

    Τί τέλειο ποστ!! Πόσο το λατρεύω "τα αγαπημένα της χρονιάς"!! Και το δικό σου είναι πολύ ενδιαφέρον! Τις παλετίτσες σου τις ζήλεψα πολύ, όπως και το MAC που δυστυχώς είναι συλλεκτικό.. Επίσης το ρουζάκι φαίνεται γλύκα και με την πούδρα μου έβαλες ιδέες ;-)

    Φιλια πολλά!!
    http://beautyincrisis.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σ'ευχαριστω πολυ Σοφακι μου για τα καλα σου λογια, κ εγω σου ευχομαι οτι καλυτερο γι'αυτη τη χρονια!

      Delete